Thursday, February 02, 2006

Visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Art...

Hi to everybody(english)...the trip is going on, and today I spent the best 10 dollars of the last year going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Walking on the Fifth Avenue/82th street you can find a huge building (see picture).
Ancient Art, Chinese, Cypriot,Islamic, European, Japanese, African, American and bla bla bla.... in few world, you can admire many collections of various artist and culture. I was not so excited to visit Greek and Roman Art Area, but I think it's normal for someone like me that comes from country like Italy, with place full of these resources.
Things that I liked so much were European Paintings of Nineteenth Century. Works of Degas, Manet, Cezanne, Monet, Matisse, Renoir, Van Gogh...and also of our dear Picasso, are located inside this Museum. It's incredible the amount of time that I spent observing all the different style and the wonderful paintings created by these artists. So...after this "aperitivo", I think I need to put in my travel note for the future also "Sua maesta' Le Louvre"... below you can find some of my favourite pictures of the afternoon.

In order, some pictures from Egyptian Art and works of Van Gogh(2), Picasso, Manet.

Keep in touch for the next...

No comments: